The Club's Island Retreat
The Club owns St. Catherine's Island, a fifty acre island (1/2 mile long by 1/4 mile wide), in the lower Potomac River about seventy miles southeast of Washington and about three miles upriver from St Clements' Island where the first settlers from England landed in 1634. Geographically it is in the town of Avenue, MD.
Access to the Island
Access to the island is from the club's parking lot and dock on the mainland, at White's Creek, via one of the club's boats. The boat ride of 1/2 mile takes about ten minutes. The drive from downtown Washington, DC takes about one and a half hours.
The island is open from early April through December to include optimal weather conditions and to encompass hunting and fishing seasons as well. Members have access through a simple reservation process which enables our Island Manager to prepare the accommodations appropriately.
The Club House
The clubhouse has a large living room, dining room with a table that seats twelve, a card room, bar, and fully equipped kitchen. With nine bedrooms for overnight accommodations, a veranda with views of the Potomac the Island provides all the amenities with immediate access to scenic walks, boat rides and expansive vistas. Hunting and fishing is available on the island and offshore in the club boats.
Amenities include a swimming pool, a skeet range, kayaks and canoes, and walking trails. During the fall waterfowl hunting season, the club operates half a dozen duck blinds.